The Level 1 alert effective Tuesday 9 June should see sheds back to business, but that is entirely a matter for shed committees to decide. Well done NZ! This community wellbeing website has some advice as we move on.
The Level 2 alert effective Thursday 14 May advises what is expected of sheds, shedders and the public. Respectfully, we request that the public do not visit any shed until they have phoned ahead to a shed administrator/secretary and organised a suitable time. The contact information is available on each shed’s webpage.
The COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic is being regularly reported in the news and within social media. We encourage shedders to seek advice and information from reputable sources, particularly our Ministry of Health and the Government’s COVID-19 website.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- a cough – this can be any kind of cough
- breathing difficulties – shortness of breath
- fever/high temperature
- loss of sense of smell.
These symptom do not necessarily mean you have COVID-19. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common – cold or and flu. Seek advice by phoning Healthline’s dedicated COVID-19 number 0800 358 5453 or contact your GP/Medical Centre by phone. You may be directed to a nearby Community Based Assessment Centre. DO NOT visit your health centre unless instructed.
How can I protect myself and others?
There are several things we can do to protect ourselves and others:
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water – here’s how
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects (e.g. door handles, benches)
- stay at least two metres from people outside of your bubble.
For more information, please visit:
- The Government COVID-19 website.
- Ministry of Health website for regular updates. There is also a Facebook page.
- Travel advice at SafeTravel NZ.
- The Annual Influenza Immunisation Programme will be starting 1 April. Contact your GP/Medical Centre for more information.
- Our national conference – Dunedin 17-19 April – was postponed. Registrants and the primary contact of each shed are being kept informed by email. We hope to reschedule for April 2021 in Dunedin.